Whether you’re preparing to for a serious chill sesh or ready to embark on an adventure for the day, we are here to provide elevated edibles with a #LEVOmade twist. Try our MCT oil hard candy recipe below and check out our Ultimate LĒVO II Kit for all of the tools that you need to get started on your infusion journey. Don't forget to pick up LĒVO's MCT Oil, too.
If you like this recipe, try these infused mixes next!
MCT Oil Hard Candy Recipe
Candy making is 30% baking and 70% scientific experiment. Luckily, we made the science easy for you. Enjoy our MCT oil hard candy recipe.
1/4 cup flower-infused MCT oil
- 1/2 cup clear corn syrup
- 3/4 cup white sugar
1 dram candy flavoring (such as pineapple)*
- A tiny bit of food coloring (Shar suggests using gel for vibrant color)
Oil for greasing your molds. We recommend using our Infusion Sprayer for even application.
- Icing (confectioner’s) sugar
Pack LEVO Pod with 7 grams of coarsely ground flower.
- Begin activate cycle at default setting of 240 F for 40 minutes.**
- Upon completion of Activate cycle, pour in ½ cup MCT oil. Run an infusion at 190 F degrees for 3 hours.
Dispense and store in an air tight container. Store in a cool dark place.
- Place oil, sugar, and corn syrup in a heavy bottom pan.
- Place stove low-medium and stir mixture well. As soon as mixture begins to boil get that spatula out of the pot and insert your candy thermometer. (Tip: Ensure the thermometer is in the mixture but not resting directly on the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture boil. The temperature will come up. So resist the urge to increase the heat. It takes about 12-15 minutes or so.
- The second that thermometer tells you the mixture is at 300 degrees remove the thermometer and take the pot off the stove.
- Count to 20 and then add your food coloring and flavoring. Add your flavoring stir only a few times. It will harden very quickly.
- Pour the mixture into a Pyrex measuring cup with a metal knife in it (it absorbs extra heat so your glass won’t shatter). Remove the knife.
- Pour the mixture quickly into the molds.
- Set in the fridge to set (takes less than a half hour).
- Pop the candies out of their molds and place in small bowl with about 1/4 cup icing sugar. Roll to coat each so they won’t stick together. And make sure your candy is completely cool before this step or the icing sugar will just get absorbed into the candy and may be a little tacky.
- Store in a cool, dry place (like a cupboard, but not the fridge).
*Tip: Shar suggests not using regular extract as the flavor isn’t strong enough.; **Tip: Shar suggests for the strongest results wait until it’s completely cooled before removing the lid.