Easy Glycerine Recipe
Sha Hannah-Santo of Emanate Essentials
Who needs store-bought hair and skincare when you can make your own at home? Not us. Try our easy glycerine recipe for dry skin and hair.
- 2 oz frankincense tears
- 1 oz of dried rose petals
- 1/2 oz of dried chamomile
- 10 drops cedarwood atlas
- 6 oz of glycerin
- Use a mortar and pestle, or spice grinder to grind frankincense to a fine powder before adding to pod with dried chamomile and rose.
- Add glycerin to LEVO reservoir.
- Set temperature to 185°F and time to 50 minutes.
- After infusion is complete, dispense into jar of your choice.
- Add 1 tablespoon per 4-6 oz to your favorite hair conditioner, body wash, and moisturizers.*
*Herbalist Note: Glycerin extracts can last for at least (conservatively) 4-6 months. Sha suggests for cold and drier months use herbal-infused glycerites as a highly effective moisturizer and humectant for skin and hair. Beauty lovers, tag @LEVO_oil and share what you make!