There’s nothing like the smell of fresh gingerbread cookies baking in the oven during the holidays. If you're looking for the best gingerbread cookies recipe out there, you've found it.
The combined smell of four sweet spices–ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves–immediately bring those end of year traditions to life.
So whether you’re baking for your office buds or decorating with the little ones, add some citrus to your favorite gingerbread recipe and call it #LĒVOmade.
Check out the scrumptious recipe below!
The Best Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Whether you’re baking for your office buds or decorating with the little ones, add some citrus to your favorite gingerbread recipe and call it #LĒVOmade.
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- Orange Rind
- Whole Cloves
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Pack orange peel and whole cloves into LEVO Pod.
- Begin infusion at 150F for 2 hours in combination with 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- After your infusion has been dispensed and is slightly chilled (to a softened state) begin making the dough!
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat infused butter, brown sugar, and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until dough just comes together. (Do not overmix!)
- Divide dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until 1/4″ thick. Cut out gingerbread men with a 3″ wide cutter and transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake until slightly puffed and set, 9 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining disc of dough. Decorate as desired.
- We’d love to see what you make! Share on social with #LEVOmade.