Our friends at Hempsley are exploring all the opportunities for topicals with LEVO. Check out her blog for a full review along with recipes! This easy bath scrub only requires a few ingredients and can be adjusted easily with your favorite herbal combinations.
Bath scrubs are one of those things we catch ourselves ogling over but never feel like we should spend money on, so we decided to figure out how to make our own — and it turned out to be so easy, it felt almost ridiculous that anyone would ever not make their own.
2 tsp lavender (if you want to make some extra lavender coconut oil to have on hand, we recommend doubling the lavender and coconut oil)
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. salt
- Coarse sea salt: great for use in the bath tub as it dissolves and adds to the bath
- Fine sea salt: a little gentler with a texture more like wet sand, great for scrubbing at areas with lots of dead skin
- Epsom salt: another great option for use in the tub as it is known to soften skin
1 tbsp. hemp seed oil (read about benefits here)
- You could also add things like Vitamin E oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc.
- Fill pod about 2/3 of the way full with dried lavender flowers
- We feel it’s worth noting that if you want to make some extra oil, it can be used for everything from a skin moisturizer to an add-in to your summer lemonade!
- Add coconut oil to LEVO resevoir
- Your coconut oil does not have to be liquified at this point — the LEVO will take care of that for you!
- Set temperature to 175°F and time to 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Dispense oil into jar
- Add sea salt and hemp oil
- Stir until incorporated. The salt will probably settle to the bottom at first — don’t panic!
- Place the closed jar in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Stir contents again to better incorporate sea salt
- Repeat steps 7-8 until salt is even throughout oil
- Store in a cool place out of sunlight. If the coconut oil does happen to melt (it’s a hot summer), simply repeat steps 7-9 to re-incorporate.