Tomato and Mozzarella Panini Recipe With Basil Garlic Mayo
Tomato and Mozzarella Panini Recipe
The best tomato and mozzarella panini recipe is out there, and it's this one.
- 3 Tbsp of dry basil (for infusion)
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed (for infusion)
- 1 1/2 cups of avocado oil (for infusion)
- 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp of lemon
- Pepper, to taste
- Bread of your choice
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Pack LĒVO Herb Pod with 2 cloves of smashed garlic and 3 tablespoons of dry basil. Add the herb pod to the reservoir with 2 cups of avocado oil. Infuse for 30 minutes at 200°F.
- Add 1.5 cups basil and garlic infused avocado oil to a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Use a hand blender to emulsify the ingredients, starting with about 6-8 small pulses at the bottom of the bowl. When you see the ingredients start to come together, slowly bring the hand blender up until you reach a mayo-like consistency.
- Spread the mayo on the bread of your choice. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. If you have any remaining basil & garlic infused oil, you can gently brush the outside of your sandwich for extra crispiness and flavor. Place the sandwich in a panini press or on the stove in a frying pan and press your sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.