Heather's Home Bakery
With LEVO, you don't need to be fancy to infuse lavender into your desserts. Try our easy lavender buttercream recipe the next time you need a sweet boost!
- 2 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Splash of heavy cream (if thinner consistency is desired)
- First, create simple syrup by heating 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir until fully dissolved. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, place 2 tbsp of dried lavender inside the LEVO herb pod.
- Place the herb pod inside the reservoir at the “Place Pod Here” marker, and add the silicone stirrer paddle to the bottom of the reservoir.
- Add the simple syrup to the reservoir, making sure to fully submerge the dried lavender inside the herb pod with liquid.
- Set the infusion for 2 hours at 175º F and press start. After the cycle is complete, let the infusion cool for a few minutes. When cooled and ready, dispense the liquid into a clean container.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about thirty seconds.
- Add the simple syrup and mix thoroughly. If thinner consistency is desired, a splash of cream can be added.
- Pipe onto your favorite cupcakes, or spread onto your favorite cake. Enjoy!
Chef’s tip: Make a Semi-Homemade Cake. Take a box mix and sub the following: whole milk for water, melted butter for oil, and add in a tsp of vanilla no matter the flavor of mix. It comes out deceptively homemade tasting!