Fall Treats: Spiced Orange Muffins
This recipe comes to us from our friends at Golden Root. Learn all about the health benefits of turmeric, and snag their convenient powdered mix to get all the goodness of golden milk easily at home.
These muffins are dairy-free and gluten-free bite-sized deliciousness. Eat more than one and actually feel good about it. They are made with Golden Root turmeric latte mix, which packs all the health benefits of turmeric and a powerhouse of flavor. Try the sugar-free version, which is a bit spicier, or go for the sweetened version if that suits your fancy. Or, put one in the muffins, make a latte with the other, and enjoy them altogether!
Golden Root Turmeric Orange Coconut Muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 C LEVO coconut oil infusion (plus a bit more for greasing the pan)
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 6 T honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T Golden Root turmeric latte mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 orange, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease cupcake pans with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and orange zest. Add coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder, turmeric, and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the greased cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes (until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle with orange juice. Enjoy!
Pro Tip: This recipe was made in Denver and needs no altitude adjustments for baking around a mile high.
Share your pics of muffin merriment with @LEVO_Oil and let everyone know it's #LEVOmade.
Photography and recipes by Golden Root. Visit their site for more info on the health benefits of turmeric.