Dealing with cramps or just need to mellow out? Resident sandwich expert and chef, MacKenzie from Grilled Cheese Social has a ridiculously addicting and super easy to make recipe for the sweet tooth in all of us. If you love churros or grew up eating rice krispy treats, each cinnamon sugar bite will be both delicious and reminiscent of your childhood! So for the “adult” in you, enjoy the recipe below with an infused butter that you can make at home with your LEVO.
Brown Butter Churro Rice Krispies Treats
6 tbsp LEVO-Infused Butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 package of marshmallows (10-12 ounces)
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
**dulce de leche for serving**
- Add butter to a large sauce pot and turn the heat to medium. Stirring constantly, melt the butter for a few minutes until the butter begins to foam and eventually turns a deep golden brown and the scent smells toasty. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Add marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Stir in Rice Krispies treats until everything is coated in melted marshmallow. Turn off heat.
- Lay a large sheet of greased wax paper on the counter and pour the Rice Krispies mixture over the top. Using a spatula, pat the mixture down into an even thickness. At this point it should be cool enough to use your hands (spray them with pam to not stick!) to shape the mixture into a large rectangle. Let them cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together white sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- After they’ve cooled a bit, slice them down the middle and then into long strips and slightly separate them so there’s a gap between each one. Pour half of the cinnamon sugar over the top of the Rice Krispies Treats and pat the sugar in. Flip the treats and pour the rest of the sugar into them. Scatter them around in the leftover cinnamon sugar until each Rice Krispies stick is coated in cinnamon sugar. Serve with dulce de leche if you’d like — but they are perfectly delicious on their own!
Bet you can’t eat just one. Share what you make with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag it with #LEVOmade.