Infused Chanterelle Mushroom Salad
- 2 bunches of spinach, stems removed, washed
- 1 bag of arugula, washed
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chanterelle mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 black truffle (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp LEVO-infused pure olive oil
- 4 tbsp pure olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp porcini powder
- 1 tsp black truffle pate
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pack LEVO Pod with 3-6 grams of coarsely ground flower.
- Begin Activate cycle at default setting: 240°F for 30 minutes.
- Fill LEVO reservoir with pure olive oil. Close the lid.
- Set your LEVO to 200°F and infuse for 2.5 hours.
- Once infusion is complete dispense and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Peel and cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and guts.
- Cut squash into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Toss squash cubes in cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Roast squash on a sheet tray in oven for 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Clean mushrooms gently with a moist cloth.
- Heat a large sauté pan with one tbsp of pure olive oil on high until it just starts to smoke.
- Add mushrooms and reduce heat to medium high.
- Cook mushrooms until tender and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, combine both olive oils and dijon with a whisk in a large bowl.
- Whisk in maple syrup, sherry vinegar, porcini powder, and black truffle pate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine spinach, arugula, roasted squash, and mushrooms in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss ingredients with vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- Plate salad on 4 plates.Garnish with parmesan cheese and black truffle slices. Enjoy!