Chron Vivant Takeover: Infused Olive Oil Cake
This is the first post from the Chron Vivant LEVO Blog takeover. Stay tuned all week for artisanal infused recipes, starting off with this gorgeous olive oil cake that brings flavor and rich texture without being too sweet. Plus, it's a perfect New Year's Eve dessert because you can make infused cocktails with the extra olive oil.
It’s no secret that I love crafting bespoke cocktails at home, but did you know that I also thoroughly enjoy cooking and hosting meals for friends and family?
Cheffing it up in the kitchen truly relaxes me and is one of my favorite ways to unwind after a long or stressful day.
Now that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is in full swing, I thought I’d carve out some personal self-care time and decompress with a little baking (something I rarely do because I loathe precisely measuring and weighing my ingredients).
I’m the type of home-chef that enjoys savory cooking over pastry as I’d much prefer to taste and adjust according to whim as I go along. But alas, with baking you usually need to pay close attention to recipes.
Not to worry, though. My 10 step flower-infused olive oil cake is as foolproof as it is delicious, and requires only a few basic ingredients that you probably already have at home. Best of all, you can fudge the measurements a little and still wind up with solid results.
Microdosed Flower-Infused Olive Oil Cake Recipe:
- 3/4 cup flower-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups flour (I prefer whole wheat)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 whole vanilla bean pod
- 2 organic lemons zested (reserve juice for a drink while you wait for your cake to finish baking)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar.
- Add the lemon zest and infused olive oil to your wet ingredients and mix until combined (you can always use regular olive oil or even substitute the olive oil for butter for a super decadent cake).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to mix.
- Add milk and mix until the batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into a well greased medium sized cast-iron skillet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is slightly golden brown and set on top.
- Test with a toothpick. When finished, remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and let for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, dust with powdered sugar, and serve as a dessert, enjoy with coffee, or even use a a garnish for a sparkling champagne cocktail.
This super easy and shareable microdosed edible recipe harks back to my Mediterranean roots and is sure to add a bit of panache to your next festive gathering. It’s great with champagne and perfect for the canna-curious. Enjoy!
What's cookin' in your kitchen? Share your creations with @LEVO_Oil and be sure to tag them #LEVOmade.
Leave a comment
The worlds first patented oil infuser that lightly dries herbs fresh from your garden, activates their maximum potency, and infuses them into just about anything. Great for daily, small batch, artisanal infusions.
Experience infüsionwith our most elegant, intelligent machine yet: LĒVO LUX. Artfully infuse any herb, spice, fruit, coffee bean, & more into oils, butters, and honeys to create Michelin Star-quality meals.
LĒVO C is the first large batch infusing solution that is dishwasher safe, has a built-in activation cycle for maximum potency. Perfect for making large 1 liter batches for high frequency users and small businesses.